This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestion: integrate online translating tools

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
It would be very convenient to have an auto translate feature. Of course auto translation isn't perfect but it still would be helpful as it's likely to reduce the amount of text that is required to manually type in. :)
Jun 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Do you know any service that is free to use and does not require a private key? I have e.g. played around with Bing Translator API, but I'm not allowed to publish my private access key in an open source project!
Oct 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I recently used this code example for Glosbe.com on another project and it worked well.
http://networkprogramming.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/translation-api-without-an-api-key/
Oct 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I would suggest creating your own pluggable class library for this so that if people already have a paid service, they could write and share their assembly for access. Private key could be stored in a .config file. I really appreciate the work you have done on this project and having an automatic translation service would put it over the top. I'm happy to contribute.
Oct 19, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Bored tonight so I created a pluggable framework for translators that would allow the user to go out and get keys for paid or free services and then apply them to a translation engine of their choice. It was written so it can be used with .NET 4 and higher and works with Google, Azure (new Bing), Glosbe and Yandex. Let me know if you're interested in using it. The Yandex service is the most attractive as you only have to create an account with them, they give you a key, and they you get a good number of translations per day. Azure is similar, but a bit more involved to get credentialed. Google you have to pay for monthly. Glosbe only does a word at a time.
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Generally I'd be interested in the framework.

However the framework is probably the minor part, I've been thinking already how I could do a simple UI workflow to translate the entries, without blowing up the project too much and keep the UI simple. Maybe you got some good ideas here, too?
Dec 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Continued in this discussion
Dec 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I like this suggestion.