How to rename resource key

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
I'm wondering if it's possible to rename the resource key inside ResX manager? I don't find it right now, so I have to add the new resource first, and copy resource texts, finally delete the old one. Or goto the corresponding resx files, and rename them separately. I'll be super good if I can do it in one place, just like operating in Excel, it's also very usefull for refactoring resources.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
It would be an easy task to just rename the resource key in the .resx files, but the effort to update all references too would be too much for this project.
See also Issue 1105
Mar 4, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Hi Tom
Thanks for your tool! I am missing the functionality to rename a key too. Updating the references wouldn't be necessary, the current VS-resx editor isn't doing this as well.
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add in my vote for this. I don't think updating the references should be necessary either. I think of this tool as a simple shortcut to edit RESX files. I totally can live with the fact that references wouldn't be updated as they wouldn't if I just opened the RESX files one by one to change the key.
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Why was not implemented? It's a bug?
I'm becoming mad to find the way to rename a resurce key
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Implemented without updating references in 1.0.0.35
Marked as answer by tomenglert on 5/6/2014 at 6:19 AM