Issue with delete

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
I found issue with delete. I've added some new keys to the resx but then I found 1 of them is not needed. I then try delete the selected one, but instead it deleted all of the new keys! Can check this out?
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM
There was an issue with delete in 1.0.0.37, but that has been fixed in 1.0.0.39 - Are you using the latest version?
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Yes, I'm using 1.0.0.39.
I wonder it is due to selection? When I'm selecting from 1 resx file to another, I notice that some of rows will be automatically selected.
Aug 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM
I've also just experienced this issue with version 1.0.0.43; I created a new key, then selected a different key and deleted it, only to find that the new key was also deleted.

I reverted the changes to the resx files through SVN to recover the deleted keys and the ResX Resource manager auto-refreshed but from then on, deleting a key always also deleted the new key (reverting through SVN each time). Only when deselecting and reselecting the resource project from the left menu did the delete function perform normally.

Some observations from when the ResX Resource manager was in this error state:
  • The delete button in the toolbar, the right-click delete menu option and the delete key all behaved the same - deleting the new key as well as the selected key
  • The thin row-selection column (to the left of the 'Key' column) highlighted blue for both the selected key and the new key, however the new key's row itself was not selected
  • Selecting then deselecting the new key made no difference - deleting a different row still also deleted the new key
  • When selecting the new key, several toolbar options were disabled including the cut and copy buttons
I haven't seen this again since but will keep an eye out for it, let me know what you'd like me to test if I get it in this state again.

Also, I have some feature suggestions, would you like me to post them here or PM you?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Best way to suggest features is to create a new issue.