This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Export resource files and project files in a folder structure.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I would like a feature where you can select resource files and export them to a folder. The folder would have a folder structure where there is a folder for each project. The project file and the resource files belonging to that project should be added to the corresponding project folder.

This would serve as an alternative to working in Excel with the exported excel file. You can send the exported folder structure with the project files and the resource files along with the ResX Resource Manager Standalone installer to a translator. The translator would work in the ResX Resource Manager software and export an excel file when finished. The software company can import this exported excel file and build the language dll.
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM
You could just use any file comparison tool to do this, like e.g. winmerge (free) or Beyond Compare (my favorite).
I'm not sure this is worth a new feature when you can easily achieve it with few clicks in existing tools.
Dec 18, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Well can you filter the resource files which are empty or do not contain any strings in the solution? ResX excellent feature finds only the resource files which are supposed to be translated. The mentioned tools cannot accomplish this filtering right?